Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Oh the joys of running.

Recently, my mother signed me up for track, like a summer program, and the first couple weeks were conditioning. This.. was the easy stuff. I thought i was all in shape and stuff and had no idea what was coming. Since I'm not in an actual school I'm not required to do any sports so i mostly worked out at my house and danced, which you could say, kept me somewhat in shape but not completely. I'm no endurance runner but sprinting is something i can do so at our wednesday practice we decided to prepare for upcoming track meets and run 16 100 meter sprints.. the equivelent to 4 miles! And since we got about a 30 second break in between each sprint it was almost like sprinting the entire 4 miles. Well, this intense workout left me seconds away from passing out (or at least i thought i was going to) Which would not have been he most pleasant thing. Running takes ALOT of perseverance and the will to keep going even when it gets hard. I always want to try my best and give my all at it.

1 comment:

  1. RUNNNING!!!!!!! your lucky you did not have to stay the other day!!!!!And run as fast as you could!!!!!

    ReplyDelete