Friday, July 8, 2011

Day #11- Don't take it personally

This post is gonna be rather short and sweet. I was up early for a track meet, and ended up lounging in the lovely Texas sun all day.  It was fun, but my energy seems to have left me.  Who knew just moving my fingers across a keyboard could be such a hassle? ;) 

Insecurity is an unfortunate thing that seems to have sneakily slipped into our culture.  It tries to hide, but we can all see it, it's nasty presence is always detected.  I've had people say pretty awful things to me, and I'm not going to attempt to tell you not to feel hurt because chances are, you will still hurt.  Even if you're like me, when in that moment acting like you don't care seems like the best way to go about it.  Deep deep down, the pain still resides.  Insecurity ravages everyone.  Often people will beat down on other people for the sole purpose of making themselves either feel or look better.  People can be hurtful, we can all attest to that. But sometimes it's better to just ignore people who can obviously never find anything nice to say.  What's the point of stressing your self over an opinion, which, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't even matter?  The only opinion that matters is the Lord's.. listen to it.

1 You have searched me, LORD, 
   and you know me. 
2 You know when I sit and when I rise; 
   you perceive my thoughts from afar. 
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; 
   you are familiar with all my ways. 
4 Before a word is on my tongue 
   you, LORD, know it completely. 
5 You hem me in behind and before, 
   and you lay your hand upon me. 
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, 
   too lofty for me to attain.
 7 Where can I go from your Spirit? 
   Where can I flee from your presence? 
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; 
   if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, 
   if I settle on the far side of the sea, 
10 even there your hand will guide me, 
   your right hand will hold me fast. 
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me 
   and the light become night around me,” 
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; 
   the night will shine like the day, 
   for darkness is as light to you.
 13 For you created my inmost being; 
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
   your works are wonderful, 
   I know that full well. 
15 My frame was not hidden from you 
   when I was made in the secret place, 
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; 
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book 
   before one of them came to be. 
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God! 
   How vast is the sum of them! 
18 Were I to count them, 
   they would outnumber the grains of sand— 
   when I awake, I am still with you.

{Psalm 139}


{Conner Danielle}

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Conner, for this post! I really need to be reminded of the truths found in Scripture whenever I'm feeling insecure. Only God's opinion really matters in the end. Thanks again for the beautiful reminder :)

    {Juliet}

    ReplyDelete