Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day #25: Do What It Takes.. Sorta

We live in a cruel world.  The easiest way to cope with it's insanity is to live apart from it and become only strangers. {Romans 12:2, "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."} But this doesn't mean we sit on our couches all day and drink sweet tea, while becoming engrossed in a Law and Order marathon. 

We are free!  Is it fair that not all people can experience this freedom?  I don't think so.  We have a reason to sing and dance. {There's A Reason- MercyMe}  But not everyone has been presented with this marvelous and enchanting reason.  This freedom allows us to become separate from the world and live with joy even when the world around us is etched with the permanent lines of hurt, pain, and dissatisfaction. {1 Peter 2:9, "That you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness and into his marvelous light."}

I sit in the car and stare out the window.  I ask the Lord to let me see the world through his perfect eyes. The people rush by.  Do they know where they're going?  Do they realize they're lost?  I've always feared rejection.  What If I were to lose them as a friend or acquaintance if I told them about Jesus?  What if they were to get angry with me?  The Lord's quiet, patient words echoed in my ears..

What's more important?  Their life or you not feeling rejected?

He's right.  I've been rejected before and I got over it.  Even the deepest of human emotions can't last forever.  But where they will go after this is eternal.. and it will last forever. 

We have been given  duty.  A very special difficult one that will require our dedication, perseverance and faith.  To go out into this dark and dangerous world, to cut through the weeds of malice and deceit  and pave a way for Christianity. We are the salt and light of the world.  Matthew 5:13 says, “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot." It will difficult but that's why we have been properly equipped. {John 17:15-18,  "I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world."}  




Lord, I want to feel your heart



And see the world through your eyes


I want to be your hands and feet


I want to live a life that leads




Ready yourselves, ready yourselves


Let us shine the light of Jesus in the darkest night


Ready yourselves, ready yourselves


May the powers of darkness tremble as our praises rise




Until the whole world hears, Lord, we are calling out


Lifting up your name for all to hear the sound


Like voices in the wilderness, we're crying out


And as the day draws near


We'll sing until the whole world hears




Lord, let your sleeping giant rise


Catch the demons by surprise


Holy nation sanctified


Let this be our battle cry




Ready yourselves, ready yourselves


Let us shine the light of Jesus in the darkest night


Ready yourselves, ready yourselves


May the powers of darkness tremble as our praises rise




Until the whole world hears, Lord, we are calling out


Lifting up your name for all to hear the sound


Like voices in the wilderness, we're crying out


And as the day draws near


We'll sing until the whole world hears




We'll sing until the whole world hears


We'll sing until the whole world hears




I want to be your hands and feet


I want live a life that leads


To see you set the captive free


Until the whole world hears.

{Casting Crowns- Until the Whole World Hears}


{Conner Danielle}

No comments:

Post a Comment