Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day #19 Time Flies

People tend to take time for granted, I being one of those people. I don't realize how special time really is. Time is limited. We can't be promised a tomorrow. But we do have today to live to it's fullest.

Everyone I'm sure has heard the phrase, "don't wish your life away." at least once in your life. My mom is very fond of that phrase.  While we are very fond of.. Well.. Wishing our life away.  Of course its not intentional  but there have been plenty of times when I have subconsciously wished for today to be over and tomorrow to come more quickly.  I should of realized at that moment that the time I was wishing away I could never have back. It was gone for good. If we have limited time, then why are we wasting it? Shouldn't we be spending it more wisely?

We as Christians should be out in the world being fishers of men, leading people to Christ. As opposed to sitting on the couch, myself included.  It is our duty to bring people the light of Christ but We can't really fulfill that duty if we're too busy staring at a tv screen or trapped behind a video game.  Time is indeed sacred, we need to treat it as such.

1 Corinthians 7:29
"What I mean, brothers and sisters, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they do not; those who mourn as if they did not; those who are happy as if they were not; those who buy something as if it were not theirs to keep; those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in it's present form is passing away."

{Conner Danielle}

No comments:

Post a Comment