Friday, July 9, 2010

High Jump!

Well today, as some of you might already know from my Facebook statuses, was our regional track meet in Kerrville. I competed in 2 running events and a field event (100m, 200m and High Jump). The running events were like always. . I did well. Although the first time I had to run with 16 year old boys. . this was not on my schedule for today and so therefore I was the least bit prepared BUT I did quite well and was pretty impressed with myself. Anyways, on with the exciting part. I had to arrive at the track field at 8:30 (But you know us, Liberto's, we can never get anywhere on time) So I arrived about 9 and began making sure I had my steps right and stretching (Of course).

The boys went first and it was now time for the girls. Out of all the Boerne Competitors I managed to stay in the longest ( no idea how I did this) and my height ended up being 4 feet 8 inches. This is my first year high jumping so did I know this was coming? absolutely not. I, unfortunately, could not manage to get past the 4'10 but i still qualified and I will know what to work on for state.

It was of the upmost importance to keep my focus while jumping and, thankfully, I wasn't really nervous. So when it was all finished I knew who I had to thank. . God! of course. Also, my mom, who went to the track with me yesterday and stood out in the rain with me for about 45 minutes continually cheering me on while I practiced my jumps. And last but not least, the rest of my amazing family, they are always so so supportive.. God is awesome! I would be nowhere without him.




No comments:

Post a Comment