Friday, July 29, 2011

Day #30- We All Have Something To Offer

I once ran across a book, and this is going to sound pathetic but I don't remember anything about the book except for the basic story line.  But for the purpose of this post and all that it has to offer.. the storyline is all I need.

Basically, the main character.. whoever that was, was a little on the depressed side.  He didn't really think he had ant talent and he couldn't really figure out if there was anything he could offer.  Therefore,  in a desperate attempt to be accepted he went out and searched for something he could be good at.  He went to friends and family and experimented with their hobbies and talents.  Needless to say, none of them worked out and he was left feeling like a failure all over again.  But of course, the book wasn't going to end there.  In the end, he found something that he could do. And so,  he made it special and he made it unique.

We all have those moments when we feel as if we're not really good at anything and that we don't have much to offer.  But in reality, we have plenty to offer, we just have to have the willingness to be open to whatever that may be.  Everyone has special gifts and talents.  And when each of us come face to face with whatever that talent is, I hope we can embrace it and make it our own with the radiance of Godly confidence.  We have something special that the Lord has equipped us with to build one another up and expand the kingdom of Heaven.  Ephesians 4:12, "To equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ."

And so my friends and faithful readers.  Thus ends the 30 Day Challenge. I can tell you personally that my time spent writing these was an enjoyable one.  I'm sure Andrew feels the same way, and don't worry, I'll make him write on here again. ;) Unfortunately, I will probably be returned to my previous state of Writers Block until something else great comes along for me to pore over.  But until then, thank you everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...interesting. Nice job; congrats on finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Conner! This is Emelie.
    Great blog post. Glad you're using your blog like you are!

    ReplyDelete