Thursday, July 29, 2010

Leaving people you love was never supposed to be easy.

We all know that feeling you get when your told: "Okay guys, this is it, it's time to go". But not just in any circumstance, when its time to leave people that you love.

I experience this every year, because every year we make a trip (Or sometimes 2) up to Missouri, to see my moms family. I love it up here. I've not yet discovered the real reason I like it up here to so much. But it probably has something to do with always feeling so relaxed and at home when I come here. See, I practically grew up in missouri. I know some of the people, I know all of the places, its like my second home. I never like saying good bye to it. It used to be a lot worse though, when I was younger, this used to be my all time favorite place, I always looked forward to it weeks in advance and could never get any sleep the night before we would leave. (Take into consideration: I was about 9, 10 or 11 when this would take place). We would always stay up there for weeks and sometimes even a month. I always dreaded leaving, and when it was time to leave I would cry and cry and cry. A couple of times I even 'threatened' my mom by telling her that I was either not gonna eat and starve or lock myself in my room. . . forever. Fortunately, I never went through with either of these genius plans. I would miss a meal and then realize how hard this was gonna be, so I would start eating again.

Now that I have matured A LOT, this doesn't happen anymore. Sure I'm sad, but I don't cry my eyes out and I certainly don't threaten my parents. But it's still hard for me to tell them goodbye, cause they are my family.

Well today, we will be heading home. I'm ready to get home, but I'm dreading the 'goodbye' part. But I'll be back for Christmas, Missouri, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment