Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A weekend at good ol' Garner State Park.

Now, one of the first things you should know here is, I've NEVER been Garner. . . Ever. This seems silly since we live fairly close but I've never actually been given the privelege of visiting. My dad thought for sure he had been before, but upon arrival he realized he had been mistaken. Well, we didn't just one day decide, out of the blue, to pack up and head to Garner. Yes my parents often do things without really planning, but this was not one of those times.  Also, they didn't even have to do any of the planning.. I did! Yes, normally when I try to plan things for my parents it doesn't turn out to great. But it did this time! Which is strange considering I planned this whole thing with a 16 year old boy. I'm also quite surprised that my parents even agreed to it. My mom normally likes to speak to another adult when I attempt to plan things for her, but this time the only 'other adult' my mom got to talk to was my dad, and it still turned out great!

So its about 1, on Saturday, and we FINALLY leave. I had texted him a little before this with a 'We'll be there about 2:30' message.  Well, as you've probably guessed.. this didn't happen. We didn't end up getting there til about 5:00. So much for 2 whole days. Only joking, it was absolutely fine the way it turned out.  2 hours later, we are pulling in the entrance of Garner State park and it is time to make a phone call.

"Hey!"
"Hey, We're here!"

the remainder of the conversation was used to give me directions, and after about 5 "Wait, what?" 's and "Say that again?"'s we finally figured out where we were going.  After this we arrived at their campsite and made formal 'country-style' introductions.  Then my sisters and I, Stephen, Julia and Jeremiah all piled in our small minivan and began 'the tour'!  We concluded the 'show and tell' by taking a small detour to a 'swimming hole' where Jordan informed us that she no longer wanted to swim.  She never told us her reasoning for this but it wasn't hard to figure out. She was embarrassed.  It took my dad to finally coerce her to take the plunge.  I unfortunately didn't swim because I was wearing a nice pair of jeans and didn't want to risk ruining them. (I look back now and realize how silly I was for thinking this.)  Why didn't I jump in?  I was being a total party pooper and I'm not exactly sure what my problem was.  Normally, this would've been a no brainer. Living out in the country, rash decisions like this are not only normal, but.. expected.  I regret this decision, but it's over and done with and next time hopefully i'll do less thinking and more doing.

The remainder of the trip consisted of country dancing and lots of swimming, it was so much fun! We even get to return for Thanksgiving. Hello freezing cold water!

Well Garner, until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Well we'll have to jump into the river with a "nice" pair of jeans on together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome, my dear. I think just your family and my family should go to Garner sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you had a blog!
    I'm SO glad you got to go to Garner with us for a day!!! I told you to jump in but noooo... you didn't listen. :P
    I'm exited about Thanksgiving even if its not going to be at Garner!!!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, you did.. I was being stubborn. But don't worry.. We have this August! And we'll actually be staying at the park this time.. *party time*
    Thanksgiving was so much fun, I didn't want to leave. We'll have to come to y'alls house again soon :)
    Love you to, Darling. :)

    ReplyDelete