Saturday, March 12, 2011

Why do things like this happen?

Yesterday morning I was enjoying my daily, "read current event articles and drink coffee" time when I came across an article concerning Japan.  By the time I had gotten through the article and examined all the attached pictures; my heart was heavy.  My heart grieved for those over seas trapped in these abysmal circumstances; men, woman and children.  Water engulfed houses and buildings, debris and parts of random objects flowed through the streets in murky water.  As of right now, the situation looks hopeless.  The economy they had spent forever building, crumbled again in seconds with no guarantee it would ever be the same again. 

Which prodded me to ask the appropriate question, why do things like this happen?  Why does God allow such things to happen?  I think the fact that 'God is in charge' sometimes slips our minds.  We can't think of any reason this would happen, but God knows exactly why this would happen.  And although this is hard for us to understand,  we have to be faithful and trust in Him.  Do you think Job, from the Bible, asked this question when everything he knew was taken away from him? Yes.  Do you think it was hard for him to understand why God would allow these things to happen? Probably.  But did Job ever lose faith?  Never. Job never lost faith in God's overall magnificent plan. 

While we must send out prayers to those in Japan throughout these terrible circumstances, we also need to trust; trust that God knows exactly what he's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment